New! Virtual Race Option
Virtual Race Option
The Surf City Marathon & Half Marathon is excited to bring the Virtual Run Option back for the 2018 event.
Virtual Runners’ Post Race package will include:
– Official Finisher Shirt
– Official Finisher Medal
When you sign up for the Virtual Race option, you will need to complete the virtual 13.1 mile race (Half Marathon) or 26.2 mile race (full marathon) and submit a proof between January 27, 2018 and February 12, 2018.
Race Proof can be:
– Photo proof of your tracking device showing the date and distance
– Link to Garmin, MapMyRun, Nikeplus, RunKeeper, Runtastic or Strava tracking.
Already signed up but can’t join us on February 4, 2018? Upgrade to the Virtual Race option.
We understand that sometimes things might happen and you may no longer be able to attend the event. As we cannot transfer or refund, we’re very excited to offer you a brand new alternative to run your 13.1 (or 26.2) miles race and get your Official Finisher Shirt AND Medal.
Click here to login to your Active account and add the Virtual Upgrade to your current registration.
Virtual Race Rules
– Virtual Race Upgrade may be purchased until February 12.
– Virtual runners cannot run the Official Course race.
– Virtual Race Upgrade fees will not be refunded or transferred.
– Proofs of the race must be submitted by February 13 at the latest at: email@example.com
– Proofs of the race must match the registration name. i.e.: If You submit tracking from Garmin, Garmin account must be listed in your name and match the name on the registration record.
– Do not send any data before January 27, 2018.
– Your finish time will not be posted on the Results Page.
– Data / Race completed before January 27, 2018 will not apply.
– Runners who signed up for the tradition course race may be allowed to switch to the Virtual before February 13. Runners who decide to transfer from the Course race to the virtual race must submit their request by February 13. No transfer to the virtual race will be accepted past this date. There is a $35 transfer fee. Should you decide to switch to the virtual race, click here to login to your Active account and add the Virtual Upgrade to your current registration..
– Bib, Shirts and Medals will be mailed to the address listed on the registration form By February 19.
– We will NOT mail out outside of the United States.
– The Virtual run option will allow you to maintain your legacy status or maintain your status within the Beach Cities Challenge, Cal Dreamin’ Racing Cup and the Double Dog Dare.
– Virtual Race Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
– Once we receive and accept your virtual entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot submit your proof in time, you may not transfer your entry fee to future races. – Virtual Race registration is required in order to participate in the program.