Free Wheelchair Mission's
10th Annual Run for Mobility
Make Your Miles Matter!
The “Run for Mobility” is Free Wheelchair Mission's annual fundraising program presented in partnership with the Surf City Marathon. Free Wheelchair Mission is proud to be the only official charity partner of the Surf City Marathon, and the 2015 race will be our 10th annual event!
Official Run for Mobility participants receive step-by-step tools and resources to help them raise funds and awareness for Free Wheelchair Mission between now and race day on February 1, 2015.
Since the first Run for Mobility in 2006, Surf City athletes have helped Free Wheelchair Mission raise over $1.7 million to date, sending over 35,000 wheelchairs to recipients in need! From all the proceeds from the Run for Mobility so far, we could line up wheelchairs wheel-to-wheel along our entire 26.2 mile beachfront course!
How to join the official Free Wheelchair Mission team:
1) Register & pay for your Surf City Marathon race spot directly from the Surf City Marathon at www.runsurfcity.com. (Race registration fee reimbursement available to qualifying official team members.)
2) Become an official Free Wheelchair Mission team member by setting up your online fundraising page at www.freewheelchairmission.org/runformobility . (Note: all
fundraisers will be asked for a $20 participation fee that will guarantee all
Run for Mobility program benefits, and will also count toward your overall
All official team members receive the following program benefits:
- 1 free dinner ticket the night before the race
- Race jersey
- Team wristband
- Invitation to our Team Social in January
- Free online fundraising webpage
- Invitation to participate in our 20-26 week half or full marathon training program
- PLUS you're eligible to qualify to receive a race registration reimbursement (participants will be eligible when a $600 in fundraising dollars is raised by the deadline of midnight on race day to qualify. Max reimbursement of $100.)
- PLUS you qualify to receive incentive prizes like race gear and gift certificates
Raise $600 and Free Wheelchair Mission will refund your entry fee!
Here's how it works:
1. Register and pay for either the full or half marathon (you must register first)
2. Go to RunforMobility and set up your Free Wheelchair Mission fundraising page.
3. Raise $600 between now and February 1st, 2015 using your web site and fundraising resources.
4. Run the Race
5. Receive Your Rebate from the Free Wheelchair Mission!
Run the full marathon or half marathon and raise $600 by February 2nd and your entry fee will be reimbursed by the Free Wheelchair Mission. It takes so little to do so much. Thousands have done it and so can you!
* Free team race jersey & wristband
* Free dinner the night before the race
* Free personalized fundraising website
* Free half or full marathon training program
* NO fundraising minimum to participate
* Earn prizes and rewards along the way - including a race reimbursement
* Step by step fundraising guides and resources
* Transform lives through the gift of a wheelchair (even ONE wheelchair MATTERS)
|About Free Wheelchair Mission|
Founded in 2001, Free Wheelchair Mission is an international faith-based organization dedicated to providing wheelchairs for the impoverished disabled in developing nations. Headquartered in Irvine, California, FWM works around the world in partnership with a vast network of humanitarian, faith-based and government organizations, sending wheelchairs to hundreds of thousands of disabled people, providing not only the gift of mobility, but of dignity, independence, and hope.
Project & Event Managerarigney@freewheelchairmission.org Phone: 949-273-8470 ext. 222 Fax: 949-753-0085
(Your shopping cart is empty)